The Joan Dancy & PALS (People with ALS) Foundation serves ALS patients and their families in Monmouth and Ocean Counties by providing direct grants for products and services to improve their everyday lives.
We also offer:
- Monthly Support Group and Caregiver Meetings at Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank, NJ
- Ongoing assistance, support and home visits by our professional staff, Patricia Schaeffer, RN – Kathy Valentino, LCSW – Kate Sperring, RN
- In-Home Care
- Respite Care Program to provide temporary custodial relief to primary caregivers of ALS patients
- Ventilator Program to provide temporary relief to primary caregivers of ALS patients on a ventilator
- Durable Medical Equipment Loan Program for wheelchairs, Hoyer Lifts, showers and commodes
- Social outlets for patients and families to encourage respite care, such as concerts and shows, as well as complimentary tickets to all fundraising events
- Educational seminars
The Joan Dancy & PALS Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charity and has an approved NJ Charity Registration.